Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

a narrow escape

I was nearly killed or seriously defaced. In the superlong MTR escalator, I was following a man who was carrying a big travelling bag and holding a big suitcase. Since he was of strong build and carrying such loads, I felt a bit threatened and stood 5-6 steps lower so to keep a distance. My common sense and alertness saved me. While I was talking on the mobile, I suddenly noticed his body swayed. I immediately moved to the left. Then he fell backward. With his body weight of about 160 lbs and the heavy luggages, he rolled down with great sounds.

I started to scream. The woman standing in front of him should either be his wife or relative or at least friend looked back with a very indifferent face. That added to my shock. He fell for some time before he could balance himself and sit on a step. When the escalator moved upwards and he reached the end, that woman and another man attended to him. I left without looking back. So scary. If I had not dodged .........

I tel A again and explained to him why I was screaming in the phone.

b still cried when she went to school.

Dong Loi Shun in the Royal Garden Hotel, TST east

We 8 women had a reunion dinner. Once we were classmates.

No comments: