Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bluewater

Met a number of people during the past few days:

VSo, Elaine & Melody at Lippo on Thursday. VSo will move to North Point. We can hardly have lunch with her unless we take half day leave.

Van for dinner on Thursday. She treated me with Jap food near Sogo.

Lunch on Friday - rice with salmon roes, sea urchin & tuna. Yummy - first time taking it. Dinner with Helen at Jade Garden, CWB. I bought 2 cans of abalone macadamia from Sogo. Tasty but expensive.

Sat - Yau Yat Chuen Club with 15 social workers + D's wife, Margaret. I am very much at home with them. We are never very close to each other but the social link has lasted for more than 20 years. To be with them for mj game is fun. Listening to them is also fun. Lo talked about the case of indencent assault. Fu showed me some photos during his trips to China. He was in a hurry to Bangkok. He did not join us for dinner. Lung footed the bill as she got promotion.

A few have been keeping dogs & they regard the dogs as their most faithful companions. Spouses may be busy or with passion cooling down, children have grown up, dogs will bring along warmth & sentiments. However, I do not think I would be enjoying it. I am a bit afriad of animals. I do not love them enough so to look after them. My living environment would not permit. My friends tell me that they spend quite a big sum on their pets every month. Medical care & beauty services could be substantial bills.

I have not seen Kwan for many years - since his retirement in 01. They said he is now busy working as volunteers in Mainland. He stays in the hosue there most of the time. D is working in NGO after retirement. After all, his youngest daughter is even smaller than Min. Margaret got 2 nails in her foot. Chan has become much fatter & older since I first saw him in the 80s. Would he make the same remarks about me?

I wish I would be able to do some volunteer work after my retirement which will come within a few years.

Helen is loving. When we were at school, we were not that close. As years go by, we have become very mature & treasure our friendship more & more. Her 2 girls are in UK. Dear me. The GBP!

Pam is being considerate. She offers to charge me half rate for Min's Christmas stay.

I did not join the school's reunion dinner yesterday.

I bought a flatheaded grey millet for Van & A. It was served cold & with brown beans paste dip - chiu chow style. Very economical to dine at home - the fish was $18.50 and the small bottle of bean paste $4.00.

Today I will play pingpong in the afternooon and dine at Porpor's home.

Lorraine & Jerry had gone to Vietnam after her trip to Shanghai. Wenxi will go to Perth by Friday.

Min had gone to Bluewater yesterday but I have not heard from her for 2 days. Missing her .........

No comments: