Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 24, 2008

check-in in the morning

SQ - in Kowloon Station. The ground crew is not as pleasant & smart as those in the Airport. Slower response and I did not see a smiling face. Most of the counters were idle. However, SQ has 2 women there. Lousy. Took 20 minutes to answer their enquiries and receive their payment for the excess luggange. They asked for a calculator to check and double-check. Another man tried to jump queue claiming that he had gone away to re-arrange his luggage. Not a nice experience to start with in the morning. The call-taxi service also declined my request. Perhaps they have lots of business. Then I could not get an aisle seat. So I picked a middle one. Asked staff about the fare. I am a country duck who has never travelled alone.

However, there comes the excitement, anyway.

I met the Doreys last evening in Shangri-la Hotel lobby. We chatted from 7 pm to 8:30 pm. I bought a shawl for Mrs Dorey. She was delighted and put it on at once. They are very caring teachers.

We also discussed about Min's academic results and choice of subjects etc. Dorey said next year when we meet, Min should be studying in the Univeristy already. How I wish it would be true!

No comments: