Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

84 Charing Cross Road

Kwongloi recommended the captioned title - either book or movie is fine. A true story of the author Helene Hanff - a New Yorker. Her letters with Frank Doel, owner of a bookstore at 84 Charing Cross Road, London. After 20 years of correspondence, she went there to visit the shop. Frank had died and the bookstore was closed. Anne Bancroft & Anthony Hopkins. Lots to be found online about this story.

I will look for the book.

Spent the whole morning with Marga. Helped her to complete some reports and had lunch with her at Ye Shanghai. Trying my best to cure her. Little yellow croakers again + yunnan ham.

Bought Min a bowl of fish balls noodles in soup + 2 xiao loong bao.

Will have tea for relaxation.

I know this minute will pass away. So, I must treasure it.

I bought from Deli Viet a bowl of beef pho in soup + a pomelo salad for Min.

Ordered the book from Commercial Press. Available next week.

No comments: