Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Daddy-Long-Legs

It is my cup of tea - just like Daddy-Long-Legs - an orphan writing letters to her benefactor and building a bond of love.

I have started reading 84 Charing Cross Road. Very amusing, lively & sentimental.

Glad that Wenxi read my blog and found that about Jeffrey's hamster very funny. In fact, it was not fun. It involved how much I should step in to teach the son of my brother & sis-in-law, how I protected my mother from handling something she was scared of and how I maintained reasons with a boy of 10. Of course, it ended by my buying him a toy - was it a bribe?

Lunch at ICAC canteen with Tsinghua pals. HK Li could not turn up at the last minute cos he was stuck in an overrun meeting and then his small son got an injury on the forehead. Casualty needed 2 hrs to attend to him. So, with his money & his wife, they sent the boy to private hospital. How could I retire if I intend to keep up the present standard of livelihood?

Min is very tired. 2 more subjects to go - Religious Studies tomorrow & Ch Lit on Friday. Then oral exams in June.

Marga seems better today.

No comments: