Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

hot spring in Beppu

It is the most luxurious gift ever received for Mother's Day.

We took Dragon Air and flew to Fukuoka. First day & night in Hotel Centraza Hakata. Half a block away from the subway. We had wagyu beef for dinner. Wa means Japanese and gyu means cattle. There are Japanese black, Japanese brown, Japanese polled and Japanese shorthorn. Kobe beef with unsaturated fat. Best to go with sake.
Green tea for us is equally good.

I bought 2 packs of Ringl.

For the 2nd & 3rd day, we stayed in Seikai, a resort hotel in Beppfu (University) station. Private hot spring in the balcony. Japanese style room. I went down to the indoor and outdoor hot springs down in the lobby for 2 times. It is the first time I enjoyed a traditional Japanese hot spring. Carefree, so close to the ocean. Nature is wonderful. I felt very light after the bath. Light-hearted too. The resort hotel demonstrated what should be hospitality. More than hotel management. Van paid $6,000 for the hospitality for 48 hours.

We spent some time strolling and doing nothing in a park, in a cafe or in a shopping arcade listening to the band playing music there. 4th & 5th night back in Centraza. So homely. They had bridal collection and Shiseido counter and evening gowns counter.

Ramen, sushi, sashimi and freshly baked buns/muffins. Kirin tea with milk in bottles - special taste tea leaves - so relaxing. Fresh fruits - strawberries, pei pa, peaches, bananas & grapes. Ice cream. We passed by a famous crab restaurant but it was closed down for renovation. What a shame!

On the 5th day, we took JR to Huis Ten Bosch. An imitation of Queen Beatrice's Palace in Halland. Too big. We only got a few hours between 2 JR trains. If I would go again, I would like to stay in a hotel there. It means "House in Forest". Netherlandic.

I had no internet, no mobile and no mj game. I cannot read any books nor newspapers there. Msot of time, I was smiling to people I encountered and used hand signs plus some English words and wrote some Chinese characters. So many fish roes sold in boxes. Dumplings.

Must go again. Who would be going with me next time?

Oh, I nearly forget about the hells in Beppu. We had shampoo in some hotel salon near the subway station there, too.

Resumed work on Tuesday. Piling up ........ Lucky that I had some recharge. I had brought back some dumplings and tiny gift items. Only for a few.

I had lunch with A & T at Yunmei Restaurant. The Japanese Boss is friendly and made us some source with salmon roes for our salad.

Talked to Min over Skype. IDD Pam, too. British people are really reserved. She always keeps a very courteous manner, diction and description of everything. IDD Lorraine as well.

No comments: